B.S. Computer Engineering
The Computer Engineering BS Program will provide students with a rigorous learning experience and prepare them for professional careers in the field. We expect each of our graduates to:
- Succeed in computer engineering areas or other diverse fields that require analytical and professional skills.
- Pursue professional development, including continuing or advanced education, relevant to their career plans.
- Contribute to their fields or professions and society.
While students in the Computer Engineering B.S. program will learn a wide range of skills, we specifically aim for all of our students to meet the following learning outcomes:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering;
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data;
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability;
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams;
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems;
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility;
- An ability to communicate effectively;
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and social context;
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in, life-long learning;
- A knowledge of contemporary issues;
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice