B.S. Concrete Industry Management
The objective of the Concrete Industry Management program is to produce graduates grounded in the basics of concrete’s production techniques and its use in a multitude of construction applications. In addition, graduates acquire a minor in business administration.
Graduates will qualify for mid-level supervisory and management positions in a variety of concrete-related companies. The pay is comparable to other high-tech industries. Examples of career opportunities include:
- Production Management in ready-mixed concrete plants, concrete pipe plants, concrete block plants, precast/pre-stressed concrete plants, quarry operations.
- Sales and Marketing in concrete and concrete products, cement and admixtures, and equipment.
- Product Distribution as an inventory control manager or a cement terminal manager.
- An ability to select and apply the knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of their disciplines to broadly defined engineering technology activities.
- An ability to select and apply a knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering and technology to engineering technology problems that require the application of principles and applied procedures or methodologies.
- An ability to design systems, components or processes for broadly defined engineering technology problems appropriate to program educational objectives.
- An ability to identify, analyze and solve broadly defined engineering technology problems.
- An ability to communicate effectively regarding broadly defined engineering technology activities.
- An ability to apply written, oral and graphical communication in both technical and nontechnical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature.
- A commitment to quality, timeliness and continuous improvement.
- Producing and utilizing design, construction and operations documents.
- Selecting appropriate construction materials and practices.
- Applying basic technical concepts to the solution of construction problems involving construction scheduling and management and construction safety.