B.S. Electrical Engineering
NJIT’s Electrical Engineering program provides EE students with a rigorous learning experience and prepares them for professional careers. In order to meet the mission of both the institution and the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, we expect that as a graduate of the Electrical Engineering B.S. program, you will exhibit the following:
- Graduates will succeed in electrical engineering areas or other fields that require analytical and professional skills.
- Graduates will pursue professional development, including continuing or advanced education, relevant to their career plans.
- Graduates will contribute to their fields or professions and society
By the time they graduate, our undergraduate Electrical Engineering students will have spent considerable time on complex design projects learning research techniques, strategy and execution, working alongside experts in many facets of this diverse discipline. They will gain fundamental knowledge about the Electrical Engineer’s approach to understanding and solve device and systems-level challenges. Along with expertise in designing and managing a project, we expect all of our students to demonstrate that they possess the following knowledge and skill sets:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and social context
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in, life-long learning
- A knowledge of contemporary issues
- (An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
View the CurriculumCourse listing and prerequisites
Akansu, Ali N.
Professor of Electrical & Computer Engineering
Haimovich, Alexander M.
Professor, Associate Chair for Graduate Studies
Dr. Gerald whitman
Ko, Dong Kyun