B.S. Industrial Engineering
The Industrial Engineering program is committed to provide students with a rigorous educational experience that builds on solid science and engineering fundamentals and an application-oriented knowledge of Industrial Engineering practice and design.
It is expected that a few years after graduation Industrial Engineering majors will:
- Use the fundamental principles and major areas of Industrial Engineering in their professional practice.
- Be life-long learners, pursuing graduate education and professional growth in Industrial Engineering and related fields.
- Pursue diverse career paths in a variety of industries.
Industrial Engineering bachelor’s students gain knowledge and acquire a variety of skills that can be used in diverse professional settings. While pursuing this ABET-accredited program, students are specifically expected to realize the following learning outcomes:
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
View the CurriculumCourse listing and prerequisites
Das, Sanchoy K.
Professor & Graduate Advisor IE, MNE, HSM & PSM
Ranky, Paul G.
Full Tenured Professor, PhD
Tricamo, Stephen J.
Associte Professor/Co-op Advisor
Program Director & Advisor,BS IE,MS EM,TRAN Prgms.
Buyuktahtakin-Toy, Ismet Esra