B.S.E.T. Computer Technology
Computer Technology is an interdisciplinary program combining courses mainly in engineering technology, computer science and management, and also provides you with a background in mathematics and science. It is designed as a continuation of a computer-related associate degree program.
- Enable students to develop basic computer programming, database and security fundamentals that can be applied to any domain.
- Provide students with the opportunity to choose a concentration to master a field of interest: Networks/Security, Web/App Design, Medical Software, Big Data, Intelligent Systems (could be home/automotive or any cloud-based data analytics).
Graduates will be able to:
- Explore Computer Technology Foundations: Demonstrate knowledge of and innovative technology in this fast changing technology industry and its many specialty areas.
- Examine Data Management and Administration: Demonstrate the ability to manage the dissemination of information via different formats, including data types, storage, archiving and retrieval systems, and apply common compliant data models/standards to meet the sophisticated demand for data organization and manipulation.
- Examine Computer Security and Policy: Demonstrate extensive knowledge in design and implementation that assure the security of environments, including basic principles and best practices in computer security.
- Examine Enterprise Architecture, Network and Telecommunications Technology: Demonstrate knowledge of a comprehensive IT framework to manage systems and have the ability to align IT strategies to support the organization’s mission, critical goals and structure; demonstrate a balance coverage of the technical aspects of network and data communications.
- Explore Software Engineering and Development: Demonstrate formative skills in integrating and transforming perspectives and processes to software technology.
- Explore Systems Administration: Demonstrate the ability to coordinate the installation, testing, and operation and maintenance of hardware and software systems; perform basic competencies in computing resources and implementing policies, principles and best practices that are integral elements of the operating environment.
- Examine Business Analysis and Design: Demonstrate an understanding of computer technology and its business processes and strategies.
- Examine Web-based Systems and Technologies: Demonstrate knowledge in the fundamentals of web technologies and internet standards relative to web technology development, i.e., organizational implications.
- Explore Computer Technology: Demonstrate knowledge of computing approaches affecting new technologies in education and biological processes; demonstrate knowledge in developing and applying computational techniques to education and informatics.
- Integrate Learning by Participating in a Capstone Project: Demonstrates that the student has achieved the learning goals as established by the Computer Information Technology degree program by applying theories, concepts, skills and knowledge.