B.S.E.T. Construction Engineering Technology
The objective of the Construction Engineering Technology program is to prepare graduates to become successful contractors, construction managers, project executives, project managers and construction inspectors. Many graduates eventually create their own construction companies or attain executive positions with construction industry firms.
- Graduates of our program will attain positions of responsibility within the various aspects of the construction industry.
- Graduates of our program will have the necessary skills to avail themselves of the opportunities for lifelong learning and professional development.
- An ability to select and apply the knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of their disciplines to broadly defined engineering technology activities.
- An ability to select and apply a knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering and technology to engineering technology problems that require the application of principles and applied procedures or methodologies.
- An ability to conduct standard tests and measurements; to conduct, analyze and interpret experiments; and to apply experimental results to improve processes.
- An ability to design systems, components or processes for broadly defined engineering technology problems appropriate to program educational objectives.
- An ability to function effectively as a member or leader on a technical team.
- An ability to identify, analyze and solve broadly defined engineering technology problems.
- An ability to apply written, oral and graphical communication in both technical and nontechnical environments, and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature.
- A knowledge of the impact of engineering technology solutions in a societal and global context.
- An ability to produce and utilize design, construction and operations documents.
- An ability to perform economic analyses and cost estimates related to design, construction and maintenance of systems in the construction technical specialties.
- An ability to select appropriate construction materials and practices.
- An ability to apply principles of construction law and ethics.
- An ability to apply basic technical concepts to the solution of construction problems involving hydraulics and hydrology, geotechnics, structures, construction scheduling, and management and construction safety.
- An ability to perform standard analysis and design in at least one recognized technical specialty within Construction Engineering Technology that is appropriate to the goals of the program.