B.S.E.T. Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology
The objective of the Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology program is to prepare you for a wide variety of careers, including system designer, system verification engineer, network and telecommunications specialist, hardware or software engineer, system analyst, clinical engineer, biomedical technician and other associated careers. Toward this end:
- Our graduates will establish productive careers in technology-based organizations in such diverse positions as design, manufacturing, teaching, management, system engineering and sales.
- Our graduates will participate in lifelong learning activities including graduate school and other professional education.
- An ability to select and apply the knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of their disciplines to broadly defined engineering technology activities.
- An ability to select and apply a knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering and technology to engineering technology problems that require the application of principles and applied procedures or methodologies.
- An ability to conduct standard tests and measurements; to conduct, analyze and interpret experiments; and to apply experimental results to improve processes.
- An ability to design systems, components or processes for broadly defined engineering technology problems appropriate to program educational objectives.
- An ability to function effectively as a member or leader on a technical team.
- An ability to identify, analyze and solve broadly defined engineering technology problems.
- An ability to apply written, oral and graphical communication in both technical and nontechnical environments, and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature.
- An understanding of the need for and an ability to engage in self-directed continuing professional development.
- An understanding of and a commitment to address professional and ethical responsibilities including a respect for diversity.
- A knowledge of the impact of engineering technology solutions in a societal and global context.
- A commitment to quality, timeliness and continuous improvement.
- The application of digital and analog circuit design, computer software and embedded systems to the development of electrical and computer systems.
- An ability to analyze and develop communications, control, computer or power systems.
- An ability to apply project management techniques to computer and electrical systems.
- An ability to utilize statistics/probability, transform methods and differential equations in support of electrical and computer systems.