B.S.E.T. Technology Education
The Technology Education four-year curriculum provides in-depth knowledge of various engineering technology disciplines in addition to educational coursework and student teaching. You will take a core group of technical courses, concentrate in one or more of the engineering technology options, and complete a 36-credit program in teaching at Rutgers.
- Provide a broad overview of several options within Engineering Technology, with an emphasis on at least one area.
- Enable the student to have a strong background in teaching technical subjects.
- An ability for designing, developing and utilizing technological systems such as electrical, mechanical, manufacturing and construction technologies.
- An ability for performing open-ended, problem-based design activities.
- An ability for learning cognitive, manipulative and effective learning strategies.
- An ability for applying technological knowledge and processes to real-world experiences using up-to-date resources.
- An ability for working individually as well as in a team to solve problems (International Technology Education Association Standards).