Certificate in Big Data Essentials
Focuses on gathering, managing and analyzing big data analytics to understand customers, develop new products, cut operational costs and make important financial decisions.
Students in the Big Data Essentials Graduate Certificate Program will learn a wide range of leadership and management skills in addition to the following skills:
• Mathematical properties and usage of database programming languages.
• Methods of database design, conceptual modeling and physical storage for big data sets.
• Fundamental notions of concurrency control and recovery in database systems.
• Goal tree search, logic and deduction, uncertainty, fuzzy logic, knowledge representations, machine learning, vision and action planning.
• Methods for association and dependency analysis, classification and predication, and clustering analysis.
• Current trends in data mining overall as well as for scientific, medical and engineering applications.