Certificate in Social Media Essentials
Offers detailed instruction in the use of social media as a communication tool in the business, education, government and nonprofit sectors, as well as the opportunity to develop a comprehensive professional ePortfolio.
Students in the Social Media Essentials Graduate Certificate Program will learn a wide range of leadership and management skills in addition to the following skills:
• How and when to use blogging, tagging, wiki writing, podcasting and tweeting.
• Online visual communication strategies, including multimedia design and creation, usability heuristics, navigation theory and community building.
• User research methods such as contextual inquiry, ethnographic field studies, card sorting, affinity diagramming and usability testing.
• User and task analysis/rhetorical strategies.
• Contemporary types of technical communications.