Certificate in Transportation Studies
Examines urban travel patterns and community and land activity through case studies, along with various urban problems subject to engineering analysis and the modern techniques used to solve them. Additionally, reviews distribution logistics that emphasize system-engineering techniques to optimize corporate profit and customer service, as well as traffic laws, ordinances, regulatory measures, signal timing, parking and more.
Students in the Transportation Studies Graduate Certificate Program will learn a wide range of leadership and management skills in addition to the following skills:
- Survey methods.
- Network analysis, assignment and distribution techniques.
- Inductive and deductive mathematical methods, and mathematical modeling and simulation.
- Principles of transportation system management/administration.
- State-of-the-art surveillance and detection devise and techniques.
- TRAF/NETSIM and FREESIM (hands-on experience).