M.S. Engineering Science
We expect that, as a student and/or graduate of the Engineering Science M.S. program, you will exhibit the following:
- Professionalism: Our students work on developing professional skills to help them be successful in the workplace, including but not limited to communication, time management, leadership, collaboration and networking.
- Academic excellence: Our students work on sharpening their academic skills in order to be an asset in the various career fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- Commitment to growth and development: Our students engage with the community to better understand themselves and others in order to problem-solve and improve the lives of those around them.
If you are interested in interdisciplinary problem-solving, the Engineering Science program will offer you an engaging and challenging educational opportunity. We specifically aim for our students to meet the following learning outcomes:
- An understanding of the various fields and specializations encompassed by the field of engineering.
- An ability to successfully apply professional communication, organization and time management skills.
- An ability to problem-solve both as an individual and as part of a team.
- An ability to identify and utilize evidence-based resources and information.
- An ability to think critically and creatively about modern issues in the STEM field.
- An ability to demonstrate a strong understanding of the following subject areas: mathematics, physics and chemistry.
- Recognition and understanding of best practices relevant to the student’s area of program specialization.
- An understanding of professional ethics.
- An ability to connect textbook and classroom content to the real-world application.
- An ability to conduct and participate in research relevant to the student’s area of program specialization.