M.S. Manufacturing Systems Engineering
Manufacturing Systems Engineering is a field of study intended for professionals who are interested in managing and analyzing complex production systems, formulating models of these systems, and solving them with the intention of improving system productivity and business performance. The Manufacturing Systems Engineer plans, develops and optimizes the design, production and distribution processes associated with a wide range of industrial and consumer products.
- This program focuses on the product design, process automation, planning and distribution, information systems and logistics aspects of production. The approach followed is to integrate process-level manufacturing knowledge with the specialized knowledge of contemporary systems analysis to create a skilled and technically advanced engineer.
- Modern manufacturing is characterized by global supply chains coupled with technology-intensive operations. The M.S. program in Manufacturing Systems Engineering equips you with the fundamental knowledge to be a key player in the design-build-distribute value chain. Application areas will include manufacturing operations, systems automation, quality control and supply chain management. Sample positions accepted include design engineer, manufacturing engineer/manager, process engineer/manager and more.
The academic mission of the Master of Science in Manufacturing Systems Engineering (MSMnE) degree program is to enhance the skills of degreed engineers by providing advanced knowledge and skills that are needed to design, model and control complex production systems by increasing their operational efficiency and productivity. The MSMnE is designed to train and educate professionals for successful careers by providing them with skills in the areas of supply chain modeling and analysis, automation and computerized process control, planning and design of industrial process operations, advanced economic analysis, and project management and implementation. Specific learning outcomes are to:
- Integrate, model, continuously improve, control, and if necessary redesign, enterprise activities.
- Perform data analysis and optimization for enterprise decision-making.
- Develop business cases for justifying process, organizational and technological projects.
- Support enterprise performance, quality, efficiency and productivity enhancement activities.
- Facilitate systems engineering and project management.
- Communicate effectively (written, verbal and presentation) across all levels in the enterprise.
- Develop an ability to grow through lifelong acquisition of knowledge.
- Understand professional and ethical behavior to be prepared for ethical decision-making and service to the engineering profession, and have the means to continue in the acquisition of knowledge.
View the CurriculumCourse listing and prerequisites
Das, Sanchoy K.
Professor & Graduate Advisor IE, MNE, HSM & PSM
Ranky, Paul G.
Full Tenured Professor, PhD
Tricamo, Stephen J.
Associte Professor/Co-op Advisor
Program Director & Advisor,BS IE,MS EM,TRAN Prgms.
Buyuktahtakin-Toy, Ismet Esra