Ph.D. Business Data Science
The objective of the Ph.D. program in Business Data Science is to integrate business analytics, data science and management systems theory with scientific methods from statistics, computing science and engineering to advance knowledge discovery and decision making in business and management.
The School of Management is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and has an extensive Assurance of Learning (AoL) program in place covering all MTSM programs. The new PhD program evaluation and learning outcomes assessment plan will be integrated into this existing AoL structure. The learning outcomes are presented below.
- Master data analytics and problem solving skills
- Apply advanced data science skills for knowledge discovery and complex decision making in business
- Understand the-state-of-the-art of Business Data Science
- Identify novel problems, propose and implement solutions, and evaluate the outcomes
- Master oral communication skills for effective teaching and presentations
- Master writing communication skills for effective technical writing
- Exhibit ethical behavior for conducting research
- Exhibit professional behavior
- Identify ethical implications of decision making