Ph.D. Civil Engineering
Our program educational objectives are reflected in the achievements of our recent
- Research and Practice: Alumni will successfully engage in the research, practice, or both, related to the practice of civil engineering within academia, industry, government and private practice, where they will work toward sustainable solutions in a technical specialty area. These sectors include construction, environmental, geotechnical, structural and transportation engineering and water resources. Alumni will be able to synthesize technical knowledge of engineering analysis and design to identify, formulate and solve problems of professional interest and importance.
- Professional Growth: Alumni will advance their skills through research, innovation, professional growth and development activities.
- Service: Alumni will perform service to society and the engineering profession through membership and participation in professional societies, government, educational institutions, civic organizations and humanitarian endeavors.
Graduates of the Ph.D. program in the Civil Engineering program will be able to:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of a designed experiment and the implications of the resulting data.
- Verify and justify the solution to a complex civil engineering problem, including the use of appropriate tools and techniques.
- Develop and evaluate new, advanced technical knowledge in a specialized area of civil engineering.
- Synthesize and explain the relevance and application of new, advanced technical knowledge in both technical and non-technical terms.
View the CurriculumCourse listing and prerequisites
Chien, I Jy Steven
Marhaba, Taha F.
Professor & Chairman
Meegoda, Jay N.
Professor and Director of Geotechnical Program
Saadeghvaziri, Mohamad A.
Schuring, John R.
Professor/ Director NCTIP