Ph.D. Computer Engineering
Ph.D. students in NJIT’s Computer Engineering program are expected to originate and advance research in their area of study, while also preparing to become leaders in academia, industry or the government. The Ph.D. candidate enters as a student, progresses as an apprentice scholar and graduates as a colleague of his or her mentor. These are some of our basic goals for doctoral students, which include both intellectual and ethical considerations.
Doctoral students in NJIT’s Computer Engineering program are preparing for diverse fields and will work with renowned experts in these specialty areas.
- Demonstrate a broad technical expertise in Computer Engineering through successful course work and achievement on exams
- Communicate research outcomes to the scientific community through oral presentations and written work, including your dissertation, conference presentations and journal papers.
- Perform high-quality independent research that is original and well-executed
- Teach, often at the collegiate level
- Develop ethical reasoning skills to conduct research
- Find employment in computer engineering or a related field