NJIT provides a strong infrastructure of academic support services designed to help students maximize their potential.
- Assisting Newcomers: the Center for First Year Students helps students make a smooth transition from high school.
- Supporting Women: The Constance A. Murray Center for Women in Technology sponsors a variety of programs and events that facilitate mentoring and career networking among women.
- Providing Academic Support: Tutorial services and academic enrichment are provided through the Center for Academic and Professional Enrichment.
- Participating in Cutting-Edge Research: Undergraduates have access to NJIT's specialized engineering and computing laboratories in such areas as microelectronics, manufacturing, geoenvironmental engineering, particle technology, and biomedical engineering. Faculty in the university's major research centers encourage undergraduate participation on research teams.
NJIT's Division of Career Development Services (CDS) assists students in gaining valuable pre-professional experience and helps them to develop their career plans. Services include:
- Co-op Placement: Many students elect for one or more semesters of Cooperative Education, earning academic credit while gaining paid real-world experience at area businesses. Co-op students average of $15 per hour and may earn as much as $10,000 a year.
- Community Service Assignments: Students can also gain experience while making a significant contribution to the community through the NJIT Service Corps.
- Career Planning: Career Development Services (CDS) provides career advisement and hosts on-campus recruitment and job fairs. Check out the on-line Career Resources Center.