To be considered for a master's program at NJIT, you must have completed a four-year undergraduate program accredited in the United States or its equivalent and demonstrate superior academic achievement in an appropriate discipline.
We look for students who placed in the top half of their graduating class and department, with a cumulative GPA no lower than 2.8 on a 4.0 scale. Individual departments may impose more stringent requirements.
If you plan to apply for financial support, or if your most recent degree was earned at a school outside the United States, you must submit GRE scores as part of your application for admission. Additionally, the following graduate programs require the GRE for all applicants: applied physics, architecture, biology, chemistry, infrastructure planning, materials science and engineering.
All full-time applicants pursuing a degree in Newark College of Engineering also require a GRE.
The GMAT is required for all applicants to graduate programs within the School of Management.
The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is required for all international applicants not holding a degree from a United States post-secondary institution. The minimum score required is 79 for the Internet-based TOEFL exam, 213 for the computer-based TOEFL exam, or 550 for the paper-based TOEFL exam. A minimum score of 6.5 with no sub-score lower than 6.0 is required for the IELTS exam.
- Application for admission
- $75 nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcripts and proof of degree completion from all colleges and universities attended
- Official GRE/TOEFL results (All test results must be sent directly to the Office of Graduate Admission from ETS using code 2513.)
- One letter of recommendation in a sealed envelope
- Photocopy of visa or permanent-resident card (for non-U.S. citizens residing in the United States only)