If you are applying for admission to one of NJIT's doctoral degree programs, you are required to have an appropriate academic background as described by the individual degree programs and a GPA of at least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale in prior study.
GRE scores are required for admission to all doctoral programs.
The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is required for all international applicants not holding a degree from a United States post-secondary institution. The minimum score required is 79 for the Internet-based TOEFL exam, 213 for the computer-based TOEFL exam, or 550 for the paper-based TOEFL exam. A minimum score of 6.5 with no sub-score lower than 6.0 is required for the IELTS exam.
Individual academic programs may establish additional or more stringent requirements.
Go to the Graduate Application Instructions for more information.
- Application for admission
- $65 nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcripts and proof of degree completion from all colleges and universities attended
- Official GRE/TOEFL results (All test results must be sent directly to the Office of Graduate Admission from ETS using code 2513.)
- Three letters of recommendation in sealed envelopes
- Statement of purpose
- Photocopy of visa or permanent-resident card (for non-U.S. citizens residing in the United States only)