Future Employment: The job market is looking up for new college graduates, especially in engineering, computing and business majors.
- Read more at NJIT Career Development Services
- Read our strategic planning documents
- Undergraduate Tuition and Fees
- Graduate Tuition and Fees
- Undocumented students may apply for in-state tuition under the NJ Dream Act. The application is available at- NJ Dream Act.
- Get more info at our Student Financial Aid Services office
- Learn more about The Guttenberg Scholarship.
- Application deadline for the Fall Semester: March 1
- Application deadline for the Spring Semester: November 15
Undergraduate Computer Requirement for Students:
The university annually establishes baseline specifications for each entering class and several recommended configurations of desktop and notebook computer models (All are currently Windows-Intel platforms). Transfer students are subject to the requirement in place for the class level into which they enter. Students are encouraged to purchase one of the recommended configurations through NJIT's partnered vendor. Special academic and volume pricing makes these models available at significant discounts.
Complete information on the Computer Requirement (including more specific requirements for individual degree programs) can be found on the Information Services and Technology website at http://ist.njit.edu/compreq.
Campus and Student Life: Here at NJIT, your youngster will have the opportunity to get involved with nearly 90 clubs and organizations. More than 1600 students--including about half of the freshman class -- live on campus in the university's five modern, comfortable residence halls. If a student decides not to live on campus, he/she can always go relax or gather with friends at the Campus Center. NJIT is also a Division I school in athletics. Get an overview of campus life.
Campus safety is very important to us. The NJIT campus is served by a 66-member Department of Public Safety, which provides security 24 hours a day. NJIT police officers have full arrest power and patrol the campus by foot, bicycle, and in motor vehicles. Police officers are also available to escort students to parking lots or across campus during the evening and after normal business hours.
Academics at NJIT: NJIT offers 125 degree programs through six professional schools and colleges. Nearly 98 percent of our 489 full-time professors hold the terminal degree in their fields. Browse more information on the majors at NJIT.
Campus Visits: Parents and prospective students are always welcome to visit our campus to tour the facilities, talk with current students, sit in on a class, and meet with faculty. All you have to do is either call the admissions office, 1-800-925-NJIT or schedule a visit online. You can also take a virtual campus tour. Our students have many different resources they can tap to help them with the transition from high school to college.
- The Center for Academic and Professional Enrichment (CAPE) provides services to help students succeed.
- The First Year Students program helps students adjust to the university environment.