We are excited to welcome you to the NJIT family! You are joining a university that offers excellent academic programs that will prepare you for success upon graduation. NJIT's reputation is outstanding, and our place as a leading polytechnic university provides you with an experience that is hard to match. We believe you will contribute to our community and look forward to your accomplishments with us.
Next Steps - Fall 2017
- Confirm your enrollment. Confirm your intent to enroll at NJIT with a $250 May 1. You can submit the deposit online at tuitiondeposit.njit.edu.
- Access Highlander Pipeline:
- Create Your UCID - njit.edu/ucidaccount
- Access your Highlander Pipeline account - my.njit.edu. This is your campus portal for viewing financial aid, course registration, and other important services.
- Set-up your NJIT email account - Your NJIT email address will be the official method of communication for all correspondence from the university.
- File the FAFSA. If you have not done so already, submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible. Be sure to list NJIT as your top choice. NJIT’s federal school code (002621). Start your FAFSA at fafsa.gov/.
- Apply for Housing. If you plan to live on campus in university housing, you need to complete the housing application and submit by July 1. Submit online at njit.edu/reslife. Please file as soon as possible to ensure your place in one of the residence halls.
- Attend an NJIT Open House. Register for our upcoming Open House on Aprli 23. Campus tours are also available Monday through Friday at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. or select Saturdays at 10 a.m. Learn more and register at openhouse.njit.edu.
- Register for the NJIT Placement Exam. The placement is required for all incoming freshmen so we can place you in the appropriate courses. Test dates are available throughout the fall. Go to njit.edu/studentsuccess/test to register.
Once You Deposit, What’s Next?
- Attend New Student Orientation. New Student Orientation is a required interactive orientation program that takes place on July 19 and August 28. During the program, you will meet current NJIT students, faculty and staff and explore the academic and social skills necessary to be successful at NJIT. You will receive detailed information after you have taken your placement exam. Learn more at njit.edu/orientation.
- Accept Your Financial Aid Awards. Financial aid awards are sent to all students who filed a FAFSA as soon as possible. Students must review and accept their awards through their Highlander Pipeline account - my.njit.edu.
- Submit your Advanced Placement Scores/College Credits. Make sure you have selected NJIT to receive all of your Advanced Placement Scores including any tests taken prior to your senior year. College-level courses taken while in high school require submission of an official transcript.
- Submit Health Information. Complete the required Student Health Packet - njit.edu/healthpacket. All documents must be submitted to the Office of Health Services no later than July 1.
- Health Insurance. All students are required to have health insurance. Information is available at: www.njit.edu/healthinsurance.
- Consider a Meal Plan. Meal plan options for both commuter and resident students can be found at njit.edu/dining.
- First Day of Classes. The semester begins on Tuesday, September 5. If you are living on-campus, you will receive information about room assignments and move-in day from the Office of Residence Life during the summer.
Visit NJIT to learn more about our close-knit community!
- Open House. Come to our Open House event on April 23 We will offer a special session for admitted students during the event. Learn more and register at openhouse.njit.edu.
- Campus Tours and Information Sessions. Monday – Friday: 11 am and 2 pm or select Saturdays at 10 a.m. Register today at www.njit.edu/campustours/.
- Directions to Campus. Go to njit.edu/about/visit/.
- Area Accommodations. Go to njit.edu/accommodations
Admissions Office – 973-596-3300
Advising Success Center – 973-596-5598
Athletics – 973-596-5730
Bookstore – 973-596-3200
Bursar (billing) – 973-596-2877
Career Development Services – 973-596-3227
Counseling and Psychological Services – 973-596-3414
Dean of Students – 973-596-3466
Disability Support Services – 973-596-5598
Education Opportunity Program – 973-596-3690
Financial Aid – 973-596-3479
Global Initiatives – 973-596-2451
Health Services – 973-596-3621
Housing and Residence Life – 973-596-3039
Murray Center for Women in Technology – 973-642-4671
Public Safety – 973-596-3111
The Learning Center – 973-596-2992
Albert Dorman Honors College – 973-642-4448
College of Architecture & Design – 973-596-3080
Ying Wu College of Computing – 973-596-5646
College of Science & Liberal Arts – 973-596-3677
Newark College of Engineering – 973-596-2314
Martin Tuchman School of Management – 973-596-8238