As alumni who graduated from NCE 50 years ago or more, the Golden Highlanders of NJIT represent the university community's most senior and distinguished alumni. They share a keen concern for the university's history, act to support their Alma Mater's alumni traditions, and contribute to assure the institution's future success in providing a quality educating to a new generation of students. (pictured right: Commencement 2011 with robed Golden Highlanders from the Classes of 1938-1960, members of the Alumni Association Board, President Robert Altenkirch and Provost Ian Gatley)
Each year, they receive several special invitations from the university to return to their Alma Mater. In the fall and winter, there are Golden Highlander luncheons and academic lectures presented by the Technology and Society Forum. In the spring, Golden Highlanders are invited to participate in Commencement; marching as robed members of the president's platform party. Following Commencement, they gather for a special luncheon hosted by the University President.
- Wednesday, February 11, 2015 -Golden Highlanders Annual Winter Luncheon
- Friday, November 21, 2014 – Golden Highlanders Fall Luncheon & NJIT Student String and Winds Concert.
- Tuesday, May 20, 2014 – Commencement 2014 (Golden Highlanders are robed and march in procession).
- Wednesday, March 26, 2014 – Spring Luncheon & Concert.
- Wednesday, November 13, 2013 – Fall Luncheon & Jazz Concert.
- Monday, May 20, 2013 – Commencement 2013.
- Friday-Sunday, May 17-19, 2013 – Alumni Weekend 2013.
- Thursday, April 25, 2013 – Spring Luncheon & Lecture.
- Wednesday, February 6, 2013 – Mid-Winter Luncheon & Concert.