As New Jersey's technological research university, NJIT is committed to providing a full spectrum of educational programs to encourage the citizens of the state to participate in the technologically-driven economy. The university offers a wide range of educational options that allow students at all levels -- undergraduate, master's, doctoral and professional -- to create an academic program tailored to their specific interests and career goals.
Options for Undergraduates
Students in NJIT's undergraduate degree programs can tap into a wide range of special programs and academic resources to help them design their own academic program. Options available to undergraduates --include:
- Cooperative Education, in which students gain real-world experience and academic credit in their major area of study through paid work assignments.
- Service learning, in which students use their skills and gain experience while assisting community organizations.
- Internships, in which students spend a semester or a summer working in industry, gaining experience and valuable industry contacts.
- Online learning, in which students may choose to budget their time by taking one or more courses digitally.
- Study abroad, in which students may spend one or two semesters at a foreign university, learning skills to compete and excel in a multinational business environment.
- Research projects, in which undergraduates have an opportunity to work with the university's top research faculty in cutting-edge projects.
Choices for Adult Learners
In addition to traditional programs of graduate study, NJIT offers adult learners a range of options designed to accommodate a professional's busy schedule while providing the skills for success in today's marketplace. Some possibilities include:
- Non-credit courses, including certificate and short course programs in specialty areas and reviews for licensure examinations.
- Graduate certificates, which are focused 12-credit programs in today's hottest marketplace specialties.
- Collaborative Doctorate, which allows professionals to pursue a PhD while continuing full-time employment.
- Executive MBA program, featuring a Foreign Study Tour that allows student the unique opportunity to observe how business is conducted in other countries and cultures.