Chrome River FAQs

Q. Can I delegate my work to someone else?Back to Top
A. Yes, you can assign a delegate who will have full access to your account.


Q. How many delegates am I allowed to have?Back to Top
A. There are no limits on how many delegates you can have; however, you are ultimately responsible for anything your delegate does on your behalf. 


Q. How do I remove a previously assigned delegate?Back to Top
A. To revoke a user’s ability to delegate, tap the X next to his or her name in the delegates list.


Q. What is an approval Delegate?Back to Top
A. An approval delegate is an individual who temporarily approves expenses and pre-approvals for another user—for example, when he or she is on vacation. You will not be able to access the user’s Approval screen.


Q. How do I upload receipts to the receipt Gallery?Back to Top

  • Receipts can be emailed to
  • They can be uploaded directly to the receipt gallery directly from the device you are currently working on.



Q. What is an alternative email?Back to Top
A. An alternate email address is additional email address that can be used to send receipts to Chrome River.


Q. How long will my receipts stay in my receipt gallery?Back to Top
A. Receipts will remain in your receipt gallery until you expense them.


Q. Can I cancel an expense I already submitted?Back to Top
A. Yes, you can recall an expense as long as it has not been fully approved.


Q. What is the difference between a Warning and Violation?Back to Top

  • A warning is a soft stop and requires an explanation in order to submit your reimbursement.
  • A violation is a hard stop and requires action based on the rule fired and a reimbursement cannot be submitted until the violation is removed


Q. Which report types require a pre-approval report?Back to Top
A. Domestic Travel and International Travel report types require a pre-approval.


Q. What two key questions determine if the Request for Attendance at Events form is required?Back to Top

  • Is this event hosted by someone other than NJIT
  • Are you acting in a Scholarly Capacity

For additional information regarding the Request for Attendance at Events Form please contact the Ethics Office at 973-596-5448


Q. What if my pre-approval report and or expense report is being routed to the incorrect person?Back to Top
A. If the routing is incorrect you must contact the Financial Systems and Innovations Department (FSI) at 973-596-3175 or 973-596-3126 for assistance.

Q. What does the Status "Exported" mean?Back to Top
A. Exported means that the reimbursement has been exported to Banner.  Once the Expense Report has been exported, the reimbursements on that file should cut the next check payday.