First Year Students

Transfer Student Information


Transfer Connections is the transfer student orientation at NJIT.  To find out more information CLICK HERE.


If you have been part of the EOP Program at your previous school, you must speak with Mr. Robert Igbinovia at NJIT’s Educational Opportunity Program as soon as possible to arrange for continued participation while attending NJIT.  Please call or email Mr. Igbinovia at 973-596-3690,


In order to apply for housing you must be admitted to NJIT.  Applying for housing is easy; you can do it all online!  Follow the steps below:

1. Log onto and click “Online Housing Application.”

2. Log-in using your UCID and password.  If you don’t remember your UCID, just go to and search for you own name.  If you haven’t created your UCID and password, go and follow the instructions.

3. Complete the application and contract.  Be sure to review the “Terms and Conditions of Contract.”

4. Submit a one-time $50 non-refundable housing deposit (credit card, check or money order, payable to NJIT).

5. Residence Life will send to your NJIT email your room assignment information after the third week in July.  Further questions, please call 973.596.3039 or email


The Learning Center (TLC) provides academic support services and activities to enhance students’ academic and professional development.  TLC is located in 200 Kupfrian Hall.  During the Fall and Spring semesters, the Center is open Monday - Thursday from 9 a.m.- 8 p.m.; Friday from 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. For additional information, please contact TLC at 973-596-2992 or send an email to


The clinical staff at NJIT provides a variety of health services to prevent and treat common illnesses and injuries and other health care issues and needs. 

The State of New Jersey as well as NJIT requires that all students complete a Student Health Packet!

The Student Health Packet consists of:

• Immunization form

• Physical form

• Postive TB Test Form

Students must read the requirements carefully to make sure they are in compliance. Please be advised that you may be deregistered from classes and/or a health hold placed on your account if these documents are not submitted. Immunization records should be received by July 15th for students registering for the Fall Semester and by January 15th for students registering for the Spring semester.

For additional information, please contact Health Services at (973) 596-3621 or


The Coordinator of Student Disability Services located in the Center for Counseling and Psychological Services is available to help students with a disability to obtain the academic accommodations that you may need to pursue your educational goals.  You need to make an appointment with the Coordinator and submit the appropriate documentation. To initiate the process, please contact the Center for Counseling and Psychological Services at 973-596-3414.


 All incoming transfer students are required to have a computer meeting minimum specifications in their place of residence.  Transfers entering the New Jersey School of Architecture are required to purchase a specific desktop computer model and keep it in the architecture studio.

The university licenses all NJIT students for a suite of software.  Computer-aided design software is provided for those major programs requiring such.  Complete information on the computer requirement, including details on ordering a model from Dell Computer Corporation is available at


The Student Support Services Program is a federally funded program that provides academic support services to eligible undergraduate students.  For additional information, please contact us at 973-642-4270 or visit our office GITC 3420.


Every transfer student upon registration must report to the Security Systems, Photo Identification and Parking Services Department, which is located in the Laurel Hall Extension (131 Summit Street) to obtain an NJIT photo ID card.  This card must be carried at all times, to be presented upon request as valid identification while on campus.  Hours of operation are available on-line at .

Your NJIT Photo ID card will be programmed for use at NJIT parking lot gates upon registering your vehicles for parking on-line at  Your NJIT photo ID card can also be programmed by the Gourmet Dining department for use of the cafeteria meal plan as needed by each individual.  For access to library privileges, students should visit the circulation desk in the Van Houten Library located on 200 Central Avenue.  If you live off campus, your NJIT photo ID card will not allow you to access the residence halls.  If you have any questions, please visit our new web site at or call us at 973-642-7190.


Every vehicle parking in NJIT lots must be registered with the Security Systems, Photo Identification and Parking Services Department and must display a valid parking permit for the semester.  Parking registration should be done via the web at and is available to all students who have registered for classes. Parking registration information is e-mailed to eligible students who are registered for classes prior to the start of each semester.  Upon registering for parking, a parking fee will be charged to your student account with the NJIT Bursar’s Office and a parking tag will be mailed to the address you choose on line.  The Parking Services Department is located in the Laurel Hall Extension (131 Summit Street) and can be reached by phone at 973-642-7190.  Registration information is also available at the front desk of the Department of Public Safety, located in the parking deck on Summit Street.


For information on scholarships at NJIT, visit


NJIT undergraduate students who have achieved a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better prior to the beginning of their junior year and have completed at least five major courses may seek approval to enter the BS/MS/MBA/PhD.  The BS/MS/MBA/PhD programs allows undergraduate students to enroll in two or four graduate level courses and use the graduate credits twice-initially for credit towards the undergraduate and later for the graduate degree.  Graduate level courses are included with other current classes and charged at the undergraduate rate. For additional information, contact Ms. Clarisa Gonzalez-Lenahan in the Office of Graduate Studies, at 973-596-3462 or