- Avoiding Format Problems in the Document (.PDF)
- Proper Order of Thesis and Dissertation Pages (.PDF)
- Important Information about Paper Quality
- Steps for Page Numbering for Thesis and Dissertation Document (.PDF for 2003) |(.PDF for 2007)
- Steps for Creating a Table of Contents (.PDF) | (.DOC)
- List of Correct Combinations of Graduate Degrees and Departments or Interdisciplinary Programs at NJIT: Title Page Documentation
- Process for Thesis and Dissertation Document Approval (.PDF)
- Timetable for Thesis and Dissertation Document Approval (.PDF)
Note: Thesis and Dissertation review for format by the Office of Graduate Studies must occur prior to defense and final submission.
- Thesis and Dissertation Instructions for Using the Template (.PDF for 2003) | (.PDF for 2007)
- Thesis and Dissertation Template (.DOT for 2003) | (.DOT for 2007)
Thesis and Dissertation Formatting Examples
The following formatting examples can be used as samples.
Includes Abstract, Title (List of Correct Title Pages), Copyright, Approval Page, Biographical Sketch, Dedication, Acknowledgment, Table of Contents, List of Tables, List of Figures, and List of Symbols or Definitions (optional).
Includes Introduction, Body, Figures, and Tables.
Includes Survey Documents, Questionnaires, Permission Forms, additional Figures or Tables.
Includes References according the preferred style for academic discipline.