The NJIT faculty is invited to participate in a research seminar discussing intellectual property and conflict of interest policies and processes from 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. on Jan. 29 in Eberhardt 112. The event is hosted by the NJIT Standing Committee on Research and the Office of Research & Development.
The objectives of the seminar are to:
• Provide an overview of IP Basics and NJIT’s IP policies and procedures
• Clarify the role of the inventor in the patenting and commercialization processes
• Identify alternative approaches to technology commercialization – licensing vs. start up ventures
• Discuss NJIT’s conflict of interest and outside activity policies in the context of faculty involvement with start ups
• Provide an overview of the resources available to assist faculty entrepreneurs
Due to space limitations, registration is required. Please send your registration by Jan. 27 to Mariann Pappagallo with the following information: name, title, department, email and phone #. Contact Zeyuan Qiu for questions regarding the seminar.