1. Kung-E Cheng, Voting in Group Support Systems: Theory, Implementation and Results from an
Exploratory Study, January 2009. Current position: Research Scientist, National Center for Transportation
and Industrial Productivity (Advisor: F. Deek)
2. Ginny Baro Morsell, The Influence of Organizational and Information Systems Factors on the
Effectiveness of Post-Merger Technology Integration, January 2009. Current position: Director of
Technology Strategic Planning, Lord, Abbett & Co. LLC (Co-Advisors: A. Chakrabarti and F. Deek)
3. David Lubliner, Collaborative Learning Utilizing a Shared Knowledge Repository to Enhance Learning in
Asynchronous Learning Environments, January 2009. Current position: University Lecturer, NJIT(Co-
Advisors: G. Widmeyer and F. Deek)
4. Karen Hare, Perception Gaps and the Adoption of Information Technology in the Clinical Healthcare
Environment, January 2008. Current position: KHare IT Consulting, Principal. (Co-Advisors: F. Deek and
5. Luyin Zhao, Exploratory Inspection – A User-based Learning Model for Improving Open Source Software
Usability, May 2007 (Rutgers University). Current position: Chief Executive Officer, Romp n' Roll-China
(Advisor: F. Deek)
6. Timothy Burns, A Collaborative, Hierarchical, Incremental, and Problem Solving Information Systems
Development Model, January 2007. Current position: Associate Professor, Ramapo College. (Advisor: F.
7. Mojgan Mohtashami, The Antecedents and Impacts of Information Processing Effectiveness in Inter-
Organizational Collaborative Software Development, October 2006 (Rutgers University). Current position:
President, Advanced Infrastructure Design, Inc. (Co-Advisors: F. Deek and I. Im)
8. John Lacontora, Live, Virtual and Constructive Environments for Performance Support, January 2006.
Current position: Associate Research Professor, Drexel University. (Co-Advisors: D. Mendonca and F.
9. Catherine Campbell, Negotiation of Software Requirements in an Asynchronous Environment, January
2005. Current position: Senior Systems Engineer, Office of Acquisition, Department of Homeland Security.
(Co-Advisors: F. Deek and B. Van de Walle)
10. Kyungsub Steve Choi, Discovery and Analysis of Influencing Factors of Pair Programming, May 2004.
Current position: Assistant Professor, Rhode Island College. (Co-Advisors: F. Deek and I. Im)
11. Carlo Ciulla, Development and Characterization of Methodology and Technology for the Alignment of
fMRI Time Series, May 02. Current position: Assistant Professor of Computer Science, University for
Information Science and Technology, Saint Paul the Apostle Republic of Macedonia. (Advisor: F. Deek)
12. Joanna DeFranco-Tommarello, A Collaborative Problem Solving and Program Development Model, May
02. Current position: Assistant Professor, Penn State-Great Valley. (Advisor: F. Deek)
PhD Dissertations Supervised (in-progress)
- Osama Eljabiri
- Regina Collins