Wide Area Workflow - Acceptance and Receipt Processing
The Department of Defense (DoD) acquisition process has been paper-based, labor intensive, and heavily dependent upon manual and repetitive data inputs from multiple functional communities.
The DoD Paperless Contracting initiative was created in response to the DoD Comptroller's initiative - Moving to a Paper-free Contracting Process.
Wide Area Workflow – Receipts and Acceptance (WAWF) is a secure web-based system for electronic invoicing, receipt and acceptance.
The WAWF application enables electronic form submission of invoices, government inspection, and acceptance documents in order to support DoD’s goal of moving to a paperless acquisition process.
WAWF helps mitigate:
- payments due to lost or misplaced documents and
- highlights vendor offered discounts
- online access and full spectrum view of document status,
- minimized re-keying and improving data accuracy, eliminating unmatched disbursements
- WAWF is the system that allows DoD to reach its e-invoicing goals and reduce interest penalties due to lost or misplaced document