The Office of Strategic Communications staff includes public relations professionals responsible for securing local, national and regional media coverage of the university.
- Sheryl Weinstein, director of public relations, 973-596-3436; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jean Llewellyn, executive director, Office of Strategic Communications, 973-596-5546, email@example.com
- Tanya Klein, public relations assistant, 973-596-3433, firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty and staff with story ideas should contact one of the above individuals, the only authorized contacts with media. Members of the press must work through this office to reach faculty or staff. Inform the public relations director when media contact faculty or staff directly.
The Office of Strategic Communications initiates and directs public relations efforts to generate media placements of news and feature stories about university-related topics, including research, business partnerships, students, alumni, faculty and events. Based on the university's strategic plan, public relations professionals assess the newsworthiness of selected university activities and events and determine appropriate media targets.
Photo and Video
For publicity of any kind, use the publicity/photo releases below and obtain the required signature from individual subjects or, in the case of a minor, the signature of his or her parent or guardian.We cannot use photos of people or names for which we do not have signed releases.
- Publicity/Photo Release-Minor (PDF)
- Publicity/Photo Release-Adult (PDF)
- Publicity/Photo Release-Group (PDF)
- Publicity/Photo Release-Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement (PDF)
- Speaker Release (PDF)