The mission of the CDS Advisory Board is to provide on-going broad, independent advice and guidance to the Division for the purpose of re-assessing and refining their long-term vision and enhancing the Division’s ability to achieve its goals of assisting:
- Students in gaining a clear understanding of their career options and workplace requirements, in obtaining experiential learning opportunities in the private and public sectors, in developing job search and interviewing skills, and obtaining employment upon graduation;
- Alumni in refining their job search and interviewing skills, career objectives, gaining a clear understanding of their career options and workplace requirements, and obtaining meaningful employment in a specialty consistent with their education, experience, and personal goals;
- Faculty/staff in understanding the needs of employers and of the academic preparation and associated skills necessary for graduates, and thus influencing curricula content and academic advisement;
- Employers in staffing their organizations with qualified students, graduates, and alumni capable of filling their workforce needs, and in developing closer and more effective relationships with university staff;
- The community in linking students, alumni, faculty, and staff directly to service and civic engagement activities with organizations committed to improving the quality of life for New Jersey residents;
and to ensure that the Division effectively demonstrates and disseminates outcomes attained in meeting these objectives.