If you are looking for a job where you can develop your professional skills and make a difference in the lives of others, the federal government has a job or career for you!
The federal government is our country’s largest employer with about 1.9 million people – including 15 cabinet-level agencies and over 200 independent agencies.
WHY the Federal Government?
Here are some benefits of federal employment:
- Competitive Salaries – Most salaries meet those in the private sector, with regular increases. Your pay is based on grade levels G-5 to G-15. As a new college graduate, the main pay range is between G-5 to G-9, roughly around $ 40,000 to start. Starting salaries are based on your geographic location, grade point average and honors, and experience in the field. You are eligible for regular increases at the end of each year!
- Great Benefits - Have the opportunity to choose from some of the best health, dental, life, and long term care insurance. Annual cost of living increases are another benefit.
- Student Loan Repayment - Overwhelmed with student loan debt? Work for the government and they can assist you with your student loans! Some agencies pay up to $60,000 for loan repayment. Click here for more information.
- Quick Advancement - Regularly scheduled and merit-based promotions are the rewards for good job performance.
- Generous Vacations – Ten paid holidays and up to 26 days of vacation.
- Flexible Schedules – Don’t want to work 9-to-5? Some agencies have flexible schedules, part time work, and telecommuting options. This is a great contributor to balancing your work and personal lives.
- Looking for a purpose? A meaningful job? - You can impact the lives of people every day. Working for the government provides the opportunity to make our country better through interesting and challenging job opportunities.