General Information and Job Listings:
- USAJOBS: This is the recently revamped U.S. federal government one-stop source for federal jobs and employment information. Gain access to jobs in demand, federal hiring trends, resources for veterans and people with disabilities. You can search by agency, occupation, or location. Create a federal resume and job alerts for latest listings.
- Where the Jobs Are: ( site is down: http://data.wherethejobsare.org/wtja/home): Provides the updated projection of hiring for critical occupations in specific agencies in the federal government.
- Best Places to Work: The most comprehensive rating of employee satisfaction in the federal government. Learn about different agencies from professionals working there. Search large and small agencies, and agency subcomponents by class scores (teamwork, life balance, etc.) and demographics (gender, age, minorities, etc.)
- USA.gov: Find information about the federal government for citizens, businesses, non-profits, government employees, and visitors to the U.S. Find links to federal agencies as well as state, local, and tribal governments. Excellent source to learn more about individual federal agencies.
- Fedscope: This online tool allows viewers to access and analyze the most popular statistics on federal employment. Provides access to 5 years worth of employment, accession, and separation data. This is the "Who", "What", and "Where" of federal civilian employment.
Resources Especially for Students:
- Making the Difference: This website is designed specifically for students seeking intern, co-op, and permanent job opportunities. Learn about Cool Internships and Hot Jobs, where to find them, and how to get them! click here for videos describing a "day in the life" of young federal employees.
- Federal Student & Employment Programs: Review descriptions of three premier programs for employment with the federal government.
- Where The Jobs Are: An executive summary, trends, list of jobs by professional field, jobs by agency or organization, top areas in government hiring, overall review of the mission critical opportunities in America.
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Getting Government Jobs (Paperback) - written by the Partnership for Public Services available for less than $20 from amazon.com, Barnes and Noble and Booksamillion.
Partnership for Public Service website for students