- When can I register for a course?
- Are on-line courses offered?
- Is attendance required?
- Are there a maximum number of credits I can take in the winter?
- Does financial aid cover my winter session course?
- Is there a deferred payment option for Winter Session?
- Is there a specific course in which I must register?
- Can I audit a course?
- What happens if I do not attend the class I registered for?
- Can I get a refund if I withdraw from a course?
- If I withdraw from a class will a "W" appear on my transcript?
- May I change courses once a session begins?
- Where can I get my reading list information/ syllabus for my class?
- How do I get my grades at the end of the session?
- Are the residence halls open?
- Will the shopping van be available?
- Will food services be open?
- What courses are being offered?
- Are there any special criteria for enrolling in any of the courses offered during Winter Session?
- What happens to my GPA when a take a course for the second time?
- If I have questions concerning Winter Session what office should I contact?
- What office should I contact in the case of an Emergency during Winter Session?
- Is tutoring available during winter session?
You can register for a Winter Session course from November 4-December 20, 2013.
Yes, online courses can be viewed via Highlander Pipeline.
Yes, attendance is mandatory unless otherwise noted by the faculty.
Yes, if you are eligible. Please submit the Financial Aid Form by December 13, 2013. The Financial Aid Form is on the following site: http://www.njit.edu/financialaid/forms/
Winter Session tuition and fees are due on December 24, 2013. Spring tuition and fees are due on January 3, 2014. If you choose to defer your winter session bill it must be paid at the same time your spring 2014 tuition bill is due. Failure to pay will result in the cancellation of your spring courses. For more information about billing please visit Bursar's website at http://njit.edu/bursar
- Freshmen and APT students must contact their academic advisors and/or the Center for First Year Students.
- Upperclassmen should consult their academic advisors prior to registering for Winter Session courses.
Student who wish to audit a course must state their intention to do so at the time of registration. Change in auditing status is not permitted once a semester has begun. Students who audit are required to pay full tuition and fees for the course. Audited courses are not counted in determining full-time status. Students on probation are not permitted to audit. Students can audit a course, however regular tuition and fees apply. Please click here for information on tuition and fees.
If you do not drop the course the course before the withdrawal date you will be charged 100% tuition and fees. Please click here for important dates.
Yes. Students will receive a 100% refund if the course is dropped by the withdrawal date, December 31, 2013. Click here for policies and procedures.
If you withdraw from a class on or before the withdrawal date you will receive a “W”. Withdrawals after the withdrawal date deadline will receive a grade of "F". For more information on the withdrawals dates please refer to the Registrar's Website at http://www.njit.edu/registrar/calendars/2013Winter.php
Students are not permitted to change courses after Winter Session registration ends. Click here for policies and procedures.
Students can obtain class information by logging on to Moodle, Highlander Pipeline or contacting assigned faculty.
Final grades will be posted on the Highlander Pipeline.
- For current resident students residence halls are open during Winter Session.
- If you are a commuter student and would like to reside on campus during Winter Session please contact Residence Life, email@example.com. Students may also apply online at www.njit.edu/reslife.
Jan 2 - 17, 2104: Tuesday, Thursday and Sundays 1p - 3p
- The shopping van will pick-up residents outside the halls; on Summit St. for Oak and Laurel. Greek Way for Honors and Bleeker St. for Cypress residents. Allow the driver a few minutes to reach each location. (Pickups are approximately on the hour for each service day.)
- The van will only drop-off passengers at Shop Rite and Kmart in Kearny. Wal-Mart runs will only be on Sundays. Let the drive know if you want to go to Shop Rite instead of Wal-Mart.
- The driver will give an approximate pick-up time to current passengers.
- Be timely and considerate of other shopping residents and the driver.
- Note: If you have a concern with the Shopping Van please address it to the Residence Life Office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not contact Public Safety.
The Village Market Place at the Honors College Hall will open on Monday, December 30th and Tuesday, December 31st from 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. The Campus Center will be closed from December 25, 2013 to January 2, 2014. Selected GDS eateries in the Campus Center will re-open with limited hours on Thursday, January 2, 2014. Within walking distance from Kupfrian Hall there is a Subway, Chinese Restaurant and an Intrinsic Cafe (Central Ave).
Please click here for Winter Session courses.
Yes. There are special criteria for various courses. Please click here for policies and procedures.
- When a student takes a course for the second time the second grade will replace the first. (i.e. Hum 101)
- If a student has taken a course multiple times, please contact the Registrar.
Please note that all offices on campus will resume normal hours 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, January 2, 2014.
Public Safety should be contacted in the case of an emergency at 973-596-3111. Please click here for additional information.
Yes, limited tutoring will be available by appointment only beginning January 2, 2014. You may fill out a request form for a tutor to on the CAPE website located at www.njit.edu/cape. Please email the form to email@example.com. You may also stop by the CAPE office located at Kupfrian 200, to fill out a form. Please note, plan your studying – it will take at least 24 hours for your appointment to be scheduled. If you have any questions, please call 973-596-2992.