B.S.E.T. Mechanical Engineering Technology
The Mechanical Engineering Technology, an ABET-accredited program, emphasizes hands-on experience and the use of state-of-the-art computer software in mechanical design, automatic controls, power generation, CAD/CAM, HVAC and engineering sales. You also will be eligible to take the PE examination for a professional engineering license.
- Our graduates will possess the strengths to obtain and advance in positions that require analysis, applied design, development, implementation or oversight of mechanical systems and processes.
- Our graduates will have the knowledge, problem-solving ability and hands-on skills to be successful in careers in the design, installation, manufacturing, testing, evaluation, technical sales or maintenance of mechanical systems.
- Our graduates will have the foundation to take advantage of opportunities for lifelong learning and professional development.
- An ability to select and apply the knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mechanical engineering technology.
- An ability to select and apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering and technology to solve engineering technology problems.
- An ability to conduct standard tests and measurements; to conduct, analyze and interpret experiments; and to apply experimental results to improve processes.
- An ability to design systems, components or processes for broadly defined engineering technology problems.
- An ability to function effectively as a member or leader on a technical team.
- An ability to identify, analyze and solve broadly defined engineering technology problems.
- An ability to apply written, oral and graphical communication in both technical and nontechnical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature.
- An understanding of the need for and an ability to engage in self-directed continuing professional development.
- An understanding of and a commitment to address professional and ethical responsibilities including a respect for diversity.
- A knowledge of the impact of engineering technology solutions in a societal and global context.
- A commitment to quality, timeliness and continuous improvement.