Certificate in Applied Statistical Methods
Provides professionals with advanced skills and tools to collect data, analyze it and interpret results across a wide variety of high-tech companies. The techniques learned can be applied to quality control, production design and analysis, telecommunications, financial analysis and risk analysis.
Students in the Applied Statistical Methods Graduate Certificate Program will learn a wide range of leadership and management skills in addition to the following skills:
- Role and purpose of applied statistics (summary measures for quantitative/qualitative data, random behavior modeling, computational statistical inference, linear regression analysis and inference, and more).
- Regression models and the least squares criterion.
- Role of sample surveys, sampling design and different sampling methods.
- Fixed and random effect models and ANOVA, block design, Latin square design, factorial and fractional factorial designs and their analysis.
- Statistical software such as JMP, SAS and S-plus.
- Times-series and naïve-forecasting models, estimation and forecasting for ARMA models and nonseasonal and seasonal ARIMA models, and more.