Certificate in User Experience Essentials
Exposes students to the process of usability testing and knowledge transfer between general audiences, technology designers, programmers, project managers and administration.
Students in the User Experience Essentials Graduate Certificate Program will learn a wide range of leadership and management skills in addition to the following skills:
• Audience analysis (audience theory and research traditions, audience formation and experience, reception studies, etc.).
• User experience theories and applications (uses and gratifications, media functions versus media use, information-processing theory, etc.).
• Empirical communications research methodologies (content analysis, focus groups, in-depth interviews, thematic analysis and surveys).
• Ability to draw inferences and make actionable recommendations based on user experience data.
• Research design that is user-centered, process-oriented and motivated by outcomes.