M.S. Healthcare Systems Management
Healthcare Systems Management is the science of managing healthcare process efficiencies through advanced systems engineering and information technology tools. Healthcare Systems is defined as the network of physical facilities, equipment, informational technologies and patient flow processes that are associated with providing and delivering healthcare services. Graduates would find jobs in hospitals and healthcare organizations, serving in progressively more responsible positions in the quality improvement, decision support, information technology, patient accounting, facilities planning or operations management departments.
The Master of Science in Healthcare Systems Management (MSHSM) will:
• Train and educate graduates in the application of systems analysis and quantitative methods in managing the various components of the healthcare delivery system.
• Provide graduates with contemporary knowledge and the needed technical expertise for the efficient design, management and operation of healthcare facilities, including hospitals, nursing facilities, clinics and pharmacies. This expertise will span the subjects of systems engineering, operations management and advanced information technologies and will present concepts and tools for both reducing healthcare system costs and increasing the quality of healthcare services.
The academic mission of the Master of Science in Healthcare Systems Management (MSHSM) degree program is to enhance the skills of practicing professionals by providing advanced knowledge and skills that are needed to manage healthcare process efficiencies through advanced systems engineering and information technology tools. Specific learning outcomes are to:
- Integrate, model, continuously improve, control, and if necessary redesign, enterprise activities.
- Perform data analysis and optimization for enterprise decision-making.
- Develop business cases for justifying process, organizational and technological projects.
- Support enterprise performance, quality, efficiency and productivity enhancement activities.
- Facilitate systems engineering and project management.
- Communicate effectively (written, verbal and presentation) across all levels in the enterprise.
- Develop an ability to grow through lifelong acquisition of knowledge.
- Understand professional and ethical behavior to be prepared for ethical decision-making and service to the engineering profession, and have the means to continue in the acquisition of knowledge.
View the CurriculumCourse listing and prerequisites
Associte Professor/Co-op Advisor
Program Director & Advisor,BS IE,MS EM,TRAN Prgms.
Buyuktahtakin-Toy, Ismet Esra
Das, Sanchoy K.
Professor & Graduate Advisor IE, MNE, HSM & PSM
Ranky, Paul G.
Full Tenured Professor, PhD