Ph.D. Industrial Engineering
The objectives of the Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering program is to prepare students for extensive research and careers in academia, industry, and government while providing a broad knowledge of Industrial Engineering. This IE Ph.D. is awarded to students who demonstrate high academic achievement, and expects all successful doctoral candidates to show the depth of knowledge and research innovation in their chosen field of specialization.
- Graduates are trained to solve problems arising in virtually any setting where outcomes are influenced by key technical decisions.
- Program courses and research projects are designed to provide students with the skills needed to develop a systems view, identify and characterize the associated data, and then create advanced mathematical models to prescribe optimal solutions.
The academic mission of the Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering degree program is to enhance the skills of degreed engineers by providing advanced knowledge and skills that are needed to design, model, analyze and manage modern complex systems in order to increase the effectiveness of manufacturing and service sector organizations. Specific learning outcomes are to:
- Integrate, model, continuously improve, control, and if necessary redesign, enterprise activities.
- Perform data analysis and optimization for enterprise decision-making.
- Develop business cases for justifying process, organizational and technological projects.
- Support enterprise performance, quality, efficiency and productivity enhancement activities.
- Facilitate systems engineering and project management.
- Communicate effectively (written, verbal and presentation) across all levels in the enterprise.
- Develop an ability to grow through lifelong acquisition of knowledge.
- Understand professional and ethical behavior to be prepared for ethical decision-making and service to the engineering profession, and have the means to continue in the acquisition of knowledge.
View the CurriculumCourse listing and prerequisites
Das, Sanchoy K.
Professor & Graduate Advisor IE, MNE, HSM & PSM
Ranky, Paul G.
Full Tenured Professor, PhD
Associte Professor/Co-op Advisor
Program Director & Advisor,BS IE,MS EM,TRAN Prgms.
Buyuktahtakin-Toy, Ismet Esra