For Ala Carte Dining:
- Freshly made Milk Shakes and Smoothies will now be available in the Convenience Store
- The Spice Café will have an expanded menu with significantly reduced pricing, as well as combos with a choice of new beverages
- You will now be able to use any major Credit Cards for purchases at the Convenience Store or any of the Ala Carte venues
For Continuous Dining:
- The Make Your Own Soup Station will be replaced with Nacho/Fixin’s Bar, which will have a variety of toppings for burgers, hot dogs and custom-made nachos
- The Steamed To Perfection Station will be replaced by a Whole Grains Bar, which will include a number of fresh produce salad offerings and dressings.
Continuous dining has 22 food stations. The three most popular stations are the wok station, where you can make your own dish; pastabilities, where you make your own pasta dish; and the hydration station, which features filtered waters flavored with fresh fruit and herbs.
Continuous dining also has one organic station – called Steamed to Perfection, which uses local organic produce. The station uses vegetables and herbs (when in season) from the rooftop garden at NJIT.
Everyday, diners can order rotisserie chicken.
Café Spice also offers authentic Indian food, mainly dishes from southern India. Dinners can chose from a meat or a vegetarian dish or get a combination.
Boutique Dining Options and Dining Area
The Boutique Dining area includes a doubled-in-size sandwich, a wrap and soup shop; a designer salad and soup shop; Hershey’s ice cream, Halal Grill items; Pizza, and a Taco Bell shop. Flex dollars may be used in all of these locations.
Dinners may also have all-you-can-eat meals in the dining hall. The cost for the meals varies: breakfast is $4.50; lunch is $7.95 and diner is $9.95.
For Your Convenience: C-Store
A new convenience store, called C-Store, has opened on the first floor of the campus center. The store sells sandwiches, soups and salads, drinks, fruit and yogurt as well as take-away meals that can be micro-waved.
Continued Eating Options
The Highlander Club (aka "The Pub") is located on the third floor of the Campus Center. The club offers specialty sandwiches along with traditional pub style selections. The club also has a pool table, shuffleboard table, performance stage, and bar area.
The Tech Café, sells Starbuck’s coffee, tea and smoothies as well as pastries and Panini sandwiches.
The Faculty Dining Room, on the third floor of the campus center, is open every week day for lunch. The well-lit and carpeted room offers two, pay-one price options for lunch.
The University Club is open 11:45 am to 2:30 pm, and from 4 pm to 7 pm., Monday through Friday in Eberhardt Hall. Professors and staff are invited to become members.