The NJIT Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) provides contractual and technical assistance to small-established New Jersey businesses, who are interested in marketing their products, services to federal, state and local government agencies. The center operates under a cost sharing cooperative agreement between Department of Defense and New Jersey Institute of Technology.
All of the Center's services are offered free of charge. Since the year of 1986, New Jersey businesses have continue to receive over 2.6 Billion dollars in government prime and subcontract awards as a direct result of the assistance provided by the center.
What, Where, When and How the Government Makes its Purchases
The federal government buys $280 Billion dollars for goods and services annually.
All purchases under $150,000 (except those contracts under $2,500) are set-aside solely for Small Business.
The Centers Electronic Bid matching service matches your business capabilities with current federal, state and local government needs. Daily, we send these matches to your email account.
Specific assistance and more is provided in the following areas:
- Market Research (Fedbizopps.gov)
- Identifying Product or Service Codes (PSC/FSC)
- Registering on all appropriate web sites (SAM)
- Matching a firm's product or service with what's purchased by the federal government
- Review of solicitations
- Federal Acquisition Regulations (FARS, DFARS)
- Certification / Verification assistance