NJIT requires that all full-time, undergraduate students carrying 12 or more credit hours, graduate students carrying a minimum of 9 credit hours, and F1 and J1 international students carrying 3 or more credit hours have current health insurance.
These students are automatically enrolled in the school-sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan.
The online hard-waiver process will open July 21, 2014 for the Fall 2014 semester. Students attending the 2014-2015 Fall and Spring semester will only have to waive now for the year. The site closes Sept 16, 2014.
Hard waiver site is located at this link (you will be directed to log on to the "My NJIT" site) "Hard Waiver" .
Full-time students who do not show proof of adequate health insurance will be automatically enrolled in the NJIT Student Health Insurance Plan and the premium will be added to the student’s bill.
Part-time students (Graduate and Undergraduate), spouses and students who have lost their insurance may voluntarily enroll in a NJIT Student Health Insurance Plan. The enrollment period starts July 21, 2014 and ends October 3, 2014. For details on plans and how to enroll click on this link (you will be directed to log on to the "My NJIT" site) "Voluntary Enroll" .
Frequently asked questions about the Health Insurance
I missed the waiver deadline, what do I need to do?
- You have to call the Bursar's Office at (973) 596-BURSAR(2877).
I am waiting for my insurance card to arrive. I have a letter showing proof of coverage. What should I do?
- Please call Student Services at 973-596-3621. We can assist you you with the waiver process.
I waived the the health insurance and it is still on my bill.
- Make sure you received a confirmation by email that you successfully waived the insurance
- It takes 5 business days for the waiver to be processed
- If it has been more than 5 days, call (973) 596-BURSAR(2877) and give them the confirmation number from your email.
I enrolled in the student health plan and I have not received a card
- Make sure that you have a local address entered into Banner.
- You can log on to the website and create your account at http://www.studentinsurance.com/Schools/NJ/NJIT/. Click on "Account Login"
What does the health plan cover?
- Plan Brochure can be accessed through your account or at http://www.studentinsurance.com/Schools/NJ/NJIT/.