Although the core business courses ingrain exposure to the administrative sciences, the program is distinct from the MBA as the concentrations are STEM-focused. More importantly, the MSM program offers an intensive exposure to business applications focusing on interdisciplinary STEM-related areas.
Especially noteworthy is that the MSM program seeks to integrate fundamental business principles with technical knowledge and critical-thinking skills that leverage the university’s strengths in engineering, computing, architecture and social sciences to develop interdisciplinary skill-sets. Thus, the value-added propositions of the MSM degree are to help graduates become more specialized in STEM-focused cross-disciplinary fields.
The interdisciplinary STEM-based curriculum integrates business fundamentals within the technology-driven world of business to attain the following:
- Critical Thinking and Analytical Knowledge Related to the Technology Applications in Business
- Students will:
- Exhibit the ability to analyze and use quantitative methodologies to evaluate financial policies
- Demonstrate the ability to assess, evaluate and compare similar technologies
- Students will:
- Ability to Provide Solutions to Management Problems Related to the Area of Specialization
- Students will be able to provide integrated solutions to problems in selected concentration areas
- Oral Articulation and Written Communications Across Disciplines
- Oral Communication: Students will be able to effectively deliver technology-driven digital multimedia presentations
- Written Communication: Students will have the ability to prepare cogent reports
- Critical Thinking: Students will harness the ability to think analytically about business concepts and their application to real-world scenarios with an understanding of ethical, economic and social implications of business decisions globally
View the CurriculumCourse listing and prerequisites
Provost and Senior Executive Vice President
Bieber, Michael P.
Wu, Yi-Fang Brook
Associate Professor and Chair
Lee, Michael J.
Phan, Hai Nhat
Wohn, Donghee Yvette