During business hours call the Center for Counseling and Psychological Services (C-CAPS) at (973) 596-3414 and state your need for immediate help to the receptionist. If you get voicemail, see below.
For 24-hour assistance call one of the following:
For Psychological/Psychiatric Emergencies
- UMDNJ Crisis (973) 623-2323
- NJIT Public Safety (973) 596-3111; they can contact C-CAPS staff after hours or provide hospital transport.
For sexual assault or domestic violence (24/7):
- UMDNJ medical emergency room (973) 972-1325, 1324, 5123; provides emergency medical and counseling services
- NJIT Public Safety (973) 596-3111
- (877) 733-CARE, 2273 (sexual assault)
- (800) 572-SAFE, 7233 (domestic violence)
- The Trevor Project- is determined to end suicide among LBGTQ youth by providing resources and a nationwide, 24 hour hotline. If you are considering suicide or need help, call: 866-4-U-TREVOR (866-488-7386).
Any Location, 24/7:
- 1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433): National Hopeline Network
- 1-800-656-HOPE (4673): National sexual assault hotline
- 1-800-799-SAFE (7233): National domestic violence hotline
- 911: municipal emergency services or go to your local hospital emergency room
- Click here for a directory of crisis services and sexual assault/domestic violence hotlines in different communities
Veterans Services, 24/7:
- 1-877-VET-2-VET (838-2838): Vet2Vet Veteran's Crisis Hotline
- 1-800-273-8255/PRESS 1: Veterans Crisis Line