The policy for flying a flag other than that of the United States of America is as follows:
- A request for flying a flag must be made in writing to the Director of the Hazell Center by a member of the NJIT community (student, faculty or staff).
- Flags other than that of the United States of America can only be flown, with appropriate permission, in celebration/commemoration of an event supported/sponsored by NJIT.
- Flags must be flown only from designated special event flagpoles.
- Requests for flying flags will be honored on a first come, first served basis.
- The decision to fly the flag of the United States of America at half-mast will be made by the Provost or Senior Vice President for Administration and Treasurer.
Inquiries into implementing the flag policy should be directed to the Director of the Campus Center or in the absence of the Director, to the Associate Dean of Students.