The Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) is a state funded program for New Jersey students who are educationally and economically challenged and who are greatly underrepresented in science and technological fields.
New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT) was among the earliest higher education institutions in the State to accept the challenge posed by the New Jersey Department of Higher Education to "identify, recruit and provide financial assistance to needy students who are residents of this State in order that they may be able to attend institutions of higher education." In response to this challenge, the Engineering Opportunity Program was established in 1968. It was renamed the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) in 1975 to reflect its broader mission of providing access to other areas of study at the university, including architecture, science, and business.
The university has consistently displayed strong commitment to and support for EOP, and provides adequate resources to assure the Program's success.
Upcoming Open House Dates:
Sunday, March 1, 2015
11:00AM to 4:00PM
- NSBE (National Society of Black Engineers)
- SWE (Society of Women Engineers)
- NAMEPA (National Association of Multicultural Engineering Program Advocates)
- SHPE (Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers)
- LSAMP (Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation)/Watch the video
- AFSA (African Student Association)
- SSSP (Student Support Services Program)