1. Is this opportunity restricted to a certain category of students?
No. The opportunity is available to all NJIT students.
2. What are the dates for the student summer undergraduate research?
The program runs from May 28 to August 2, 2013.
3. Can I apply for the summer undergraduate research funding if I am graduating this May?
Congratulations on your graduation! Unfortunately graduating students are not eligible. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.
4. I won't be able to present my summer undergraduate research project at the Research Symposium on August 1, 2013. Can I still apply?
Presenting at the Undergraduate Research Symposium is required. If you cannot attend, you should not apply.
5. Does the length of the undergraduate research proposal - 1 to 3 pages - include the letter of support?
It does not.
6. Does the length of the undergraduate research proposal - 1 to 3 pages - include the bibliography?
It does not.
7. My undergraduate research proposal is more than 3 pages, can I still submit it?
All proposals must begin with an abstract of 200 words or less. After that, the specific layout is up to you. We expect that the total length of the application will be of the order of 1-3 pages.
8. Can I have another on campus job if I am also granted funding?
This research project will be your primary position on the NJIT campus for the duration of your Summer Research Proposal commitment. You cannot accept or continue to work at any additional position during the contracted dates.