Last chance: Register for FYC 1.0 - August 27, 2013
See the FYC 2.0 schedule and register here.
In order to make your introduction to college life as successful and well-rounded as possible, you will be participating in First Year Connections (FYC). FYC is a required two-part interactive orientation for new NJIT undergraduate students. You will develop and embrace a connection with the university to provide a smooth transition from high school to college. During FYC 1.0, part one of NJIT’s orientation experience, you will be given the opportunity to get acquainted with academic life at NJIT. FYC 1.0 also helps you begin to grasp the opportunities and responsibilities that come along with being a member of the NJIT community.
Hear what students have to say about FYC 1.0!
Save the Date: Friday, August 30-31 is FYC 2.0
All first-year students are invited back to NJIT for FYC 2.0, part two of First Year Connections. This part of the program will give students a chance to settle in before classes start on Tuesday, September 3. FYC 2.0 will include move-in, a number of social events, educational overviews, and other helpful sessions to help transition freshmen to college life at NJIT. Following the Friday program there will be events throughout Opening Weekend for students to know their new NJIT community.
Below are a few specific highlights for August 30:
- FYC Central and Resource Fair, 8 am - noon: All students will meet at the Campus Center Atrium to pick up their FYC packet, welcome gifts, and information.
- Move-in for Residents, 8 am - noon: Campus residents are invited to move into the halls with help from our fraternities, sororities, and student clubs.
- Parent and Student Lunch, 11:30 am - 1 pm: Enjoy a lunch together before students attend the Academic Assembly and first class of the First Year Seminar.
- Academic Assembly, 1-2 pm: The University President will give you your official welcome and you will hear the keynote speaker, Dr. Saul Cooperman, speak about your potential as a future mentor to others.
- The First Class: Your Freshman Seminar: Meet your instructor, classmates, and peer mentors at your first class of the first-year seminar where you will get an overview of the semester.
Other Highlights - Friday, August 30 - Monday, September 2
- Community service projects (Aug. 31 - required)
- Evening social events
- Public Safety presentation (Aug. 30 - required)
- Campus information sessions
- Special tours of New Jersey attractions
- Community and diversity programs
We look forward to meeting you and welcoming you to your new community! For more information, contact us at FYC@njit.edu.