The new, $83-million Campus Center is where students, teachers, and employees go to eat, play, study, or just hang out.
- Grab a meal at the cafeteria or the Highlander Club. Or pick up a snack from the Bookstore and take it outside to the rooftop garden.
- Check your email or catch up on your computer science project in the computer lab
- Chill in the two-story student lounge or head downstairs to the Gameroom to play arcade games, pool, ping pong, or challenge your buddies to bowling in the six-lane bowling alley
NJIT's two libraries, the main Van Houten Library and the College of Art and Design's Barbara & Leonard Littman Library for Architecture, are much more than stacks of books. They're modern research facilities with wireless internet access, expert and accessible staff, and dozens of PCs linked to the most current research databases.
If the library doesn't have what you need, they'll order it from a nearby university or even send for a copy from overseas.
Recreation & Athletics
NJIT makes it easy to get out of the lab or library and get rid of some stress through excercise. Everyone—from beginners to scholarship athletes—can participate in varsity, club, or intramural sports like soccer, baseball, basketball, fencing, volleyball, judo, and even cricket.
- The Zoom Fleisher Athletic Center has a huge gym, a fitness center, swimming pool, racquetball courts, and a staffed health center
- Lubetkin Field, which underwent a $1.2-million renovation in 2004, is the home of men's and women's NCAA Division I soccer teams, as well as Phys Ed classes and intramural sports
- The Green is a peaceful patch of nature (and a great people-watching spot) right next to the Campus Center. It's the perfect place to toss a frisbee or take a nap under a shady tree
Jim Wise Theatre
This 425-seat playhouse hosts two student productions each year. The Department of Humanities offers a minor in theatre and Jim Wise Scholarship in Theatre Arts for those minors that participate in productions. All NJIT students are invited to audition.
Each year, NJIT students also perform in two productions at Rutgers-Newark through the schools' shared Theatre Arts Program.
Murray Center for Women in Technology
Over 18% of NJIT undergraduates are female and the Murray Center is an informal meeting place and support center dedicated to helping women excel in the sciences. In additiion to being a comfortable spot to hang out with friends, the center is home to the Society of Women Engineers and NJIT's Big Sister-Little Sister and Alumnae-Student mentoring programs.
Why fight the traffic? More and more students are choosing to live on campus in one of the school's five residence halls. Read more about living on campus.