The State of New Jersey and NJIT mandate:
The State of New Jersey and NJIT require All Students to submit proof of having their immunizations, which are as follows (You Must Meet ALL Requirements) -- Immunization Form (.pdf)
Full-Time Student Requirements:
- Tuberculosis Test (within the past 12 months) Test result is needed. If you test positive, or in the past have had a positive, a chest x-ray report is required.
- 2 MMRs (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella) - Proof of two doses, both on or after the first birthday and at least one month apart.
- Or a serology test for Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (A lab report is needed), (with IgG levels - if any results are negative/ non - immune, a vaccination is required)
- Hepatitis B vaccine -- 3 doses or attach lab report showing immunity
- Physical Exam, by a physician (within the past year) -- Physical Form (.pdf)
Part-Time Student Requirements:
- Same As Full Time Students
- No Physical Exam is Require
Incoming Students Who Will Reside in On-Campus Housing:
- Meningitis Vaccine (must be vaccinated prior to moving into on-campus housing) - Menactra Preferred for types A, C, Y, W135
- See attached information sheet on Meningococcal Meningitis
Age Exempt Requirements:
Those born before 1957 are not required to submit Measles, Mumps, or Rubella vaccination records. Other requirements do apply.
Immunization records should be received by July 15th. If you are a late admit, please submit prior to or on day of registration. If your records are incomplete, you may be DEREGISTERED from classes. Submission is mandatory. If your records are incomplete, a health hold will be placed on your registration account and you will not be allowed to register for future semesters. If you plan to live on campus, you will not be allowed to move into on-campus housing if you have not submitted proof of Meningitis vaccination.
Submit All Records To:
NJIT-Student Health Services
Estelle & Zoom Fleisher Athletic Bldg. (Gym Building)
323 Martin Luther King Blvd.
Newark, NJ 07102
Office # 973-596-3621
Fax # 973-596-5517
Who must comply?
All Incoming Students
- International Students
- Graduate Students
Who Is Exempt?
- Student born before January 1, 1957 exempt from MMR vaccination.
- Distant Learning Students (corporate students & those not attending a class on campus)
- Medical Exemption (Requires physician documentation with diagnosis.)
Where can I obtain my records?
Official Documents can be obtained from
- High School
- Physician-signed immunization records
- Previous college or university records
- Local health departments